The film is shown rain or shine. In case of extreme weather conditions, we can close for the night. We will advertise it on our website and social media.
03. Are concessions and washrooms available?
Limited concessions such as popcorn, candy, chocolate bars, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase upon arrival at the Drive-In.
There are 3 washrooms available:
1. Behind the screen towards Centre Entrance
2. Trailer at the back
3. Next to Vista Eatery (accessible washrooms available)
04. Are the parking spaces reserved?
No. Spots will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. We highly suggest you attend in a regular sized vehicle. Large vehicles will be placed in the designated “large vehicle area”. If you wish to park next to another vehicle, please arrive together.
06. What if I arrive late?
It will be possible to access the broadcast until the moment the film begins. Once the film has started, no further entry will be allowed.
For Hot Docs on June 25th - Access to the screening will be permitted until 9:15PM, at which time Rush tickets will be sold. No further admittance will be allowed at this point.
07. Where can I get tickets?
You can buy tickets online on our website. If you need to purchase tickets for additional guests within your vehicle, you can do so at the Box Office upon arrival.
09. My car has daytime running lights. What should I do?
Most daytime running lights go out when you engage the emergency brake. Stop your vehicle, apply the emergency parking brake, then restart your vehicle. Before the movie starts, please do a "test" to make sure it works, to make sure your lights will not disturb others during the movie if you start your car.
10. Will drive-in mode drain my battery? And if so, what should I do?
Leaving your radio on should not drain your battery. We strongly recommend that you do not run your engine for long periods of time during the movie. Loud car engines are annoying your neighbors in the next car. If your battery drains, let one of our staff know. They will be happy to help you. In colder weather, remember to dress warmly and bring blankets.
12. What are the COVID-19 security measures?
Your safety and comfort are important to us. All visitors are urged to adhere to the following guidelines while on our site to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are ill or have been in contact with someone ill, please do not enter the Ontario Place grounds.
- The customer must attend the events organized in the Ontario Place drive-in, in a closed motor vehicle (i.e. not a motorcycle, box of a truck or an SUV, a convertible car or bicycle).
- People should stay in their vehicles, except when necessary to go to washrooms, counters or in an emergency. If you are outside your vehicle for the reasons indicated, you must respect the physical separation of at least two meters from other people and wear a mask.
- Vehicles must be parked at least two meters apart to comply with physical separation measures.
- No material may be exchanged between people, except those exchanged between members of the same motor vehicle.
14. Can a screening be canceled?
We regularly consult public health guidelines and regulations when organizing programs and activities. If we need to cancel programs or activities to comply with new government guidelines, then we will issue a full refund.
We also reserves the right to cancel screenings in the event of inclement weather conditions. Updates and cancellation notices will be posted on our website (www.ontarioplace.com) and on social media networks. In the event of a cancellation, you will need to contact our customer service ([email protected]
or 416 314-9900) to obtain an exchange or a refund.